Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, named after the great martyr of India, Shaheed-e-Azam, Sardar Bhagat Singh, was established as a co-educational institution in 1967 as a constituent college of University of Delhi.
- Spatial dimensions describe the locational factors of the environmental problems and natural resource. It is an important aspect of development activity which integrates environmental concerns and natural resources.
- Therefore, the main objective of the seminar is to promote greater interest and understanding of spatial dimensions of environmental problems and analyse existing legal regime with inherent intricacy of laws to solve these problems, through interactions.
Call for Papers
The dept of Geography, Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, University of Delhi invites all for paper and poster presentation at Conference Centre, University of Delhi, New Delhi. Intending authors are requested to submit their original research contribution in the form of abstract (not exceeding 250 words) by email to the convenor on or before July 20th, 2019.
- The abstract of the paper should be typed with 1.5 space Times New Roman (12 font size) with title of the paper, name of the author, affiliation, email address besides the content. Authors will be informed by email about the acceptance of their abstracts by August 15th, 2019.
- The contributors are requested to send their full papers and registration fee by August 20th, 2019. Full paper in MS Word format should reach to the convenor by an email attachment. Only full papers will be accepted for presentation.
- The accepted papers will be published as full text in the conference proceedings.
- Spatial distribution of environmental problems: causes, impacts and possible solutions.
- Development, environment and sustainability.
- Spatial distribution of natural resources: demand, supply, degradation and conflicts.
- Climate change and environmental problems, management, policies and laws in India.
- Land resource: degradation, sustainable land use, development imperatives and state versus public rights.
- Mining: land resource, natural resource management and the laws.
- Forest & biodiversity: problems, policies and laws.
- Indian courts and tribunals on environment.
- Natural resource laws: an International perspective and adaptation capabilities of countries.
- Water: geographical issues and prospects, geopolitical perspectives, legal and institutional issues in India.
- Oceans and coastal laws: Indian perspectives.
- People & habitations: concerns of rural, tribal area, rehabilitations, urban and fast growing cities.
- Earth jurisprudence: human rights vs. Rights of nature (natural resource related conflicts, conflicts prevention and peace building).
- Local environment problems, indigenous knowledge base and legal instruments.
- Certificate will be awarded for best paper presentation in each thematic panel.
- Certificate will be awarded for best poster presentation.
- Last date for submission of abstract – 20th July, 2019.
- Notification of acceptance of abstract – 30th July, 2019.
- Last date for submission of full paper – 20th August, 2019.
- Last date to pay the fee – 20th August, 2019.
- Seminar date – 3rd & 4th September, 2019.
- For working professionals – Rs. 1000
- For research students – Rs. 500
- For industry delegates – Rs. 3000
Mode of payment
Fee to be paid after the acceptance of abstract.
- Through demand draft in favour of Principal, Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, University of Delhi or through electronic payment (NEFT/ RTGS/ Online transfer).
- The details for online transfer are as follows-
Principal, Shaheed Bhagat Singh College
Name of the Bank – Union Bank of India
Shaheed Bhagat Singh College
Sheikh Sarai, Phase-II, New Delhi-110017.
Bank Account No – 355701011012002
Type of Bank Account – Current
IFSC code – UBIN0570397 MICR Code- 110026137
Dr. Anil Sardana, Acting Principal Chief Patron.
Dr. Kavita Arora, Convenor.