Public Concern for Governance Trust [PCGT] is a registered trust founded by Mr.Julio Ribeiro, Dr.R.K.Anand, and late Mr.B.G.Deshmukh to increase public participation and activism towards creating a more transparent and efficient governance system.
In order to sensitize and mentor the youth in ethical values with an emphasis on good governance, PCGT started the Youth For Governance (YFG) programme in the year 2012.
In furtherance to its vision and mission, PCGT is organising the maiden edition of the PCGT National Youth Parliament and is inviting all the emerging and young leaders from undergraduate and postgraduate colleges across India to register for the same.
28th-29th September, 2019.
The event will take place in Mumbai. The venue shall be announced soon.
Committees and Agendas
The committees, agendas and maximum intake for each committee are as follows:
- Lok Sabha- Discussing the Personal data Protection Bill 2018; maximum of 35 participants.
- Rajya Sabha- Deliberating shortage of water in metropolitan cities and diminishing water table; maximum of 35 participants.
- All India Political Parties Meet (AIPPM)- Discussing freedom of speech and expression with special emphasis on Right to Information; maximum 30 participants.
Apart from a stellar Executive Board to enhance the discussion, we are offering cash prizes with a low delegate registration fee of INR 1000.
The cash prizes for winners in each committee are as follows:
- Best Parliamentarian – INR 6,000.
- High Commendation – INR 4,000.
- Special Mention – INR 2,000.
To register, kindly send an email to shivam.pgct[at]gmail.com with the subject “Registration for PGCT Youth Parliament 2019”. Kindly specify the following details in the body of the email:
- Full name (as reflected in the bank account/ Aadhar card).
- Permanent address
- College name
- Course and year of study
- Committee preference, if any (aii three committees can also be mentioned in order of preference)
- Previous participation experience in youth parliaments, if any
Kindly note that only 100 positions are available for participants on first come first serve basis. An email will be sent to selected participants along with the payment details. Portfolio allotments will be done after the payment is made and confirmed to us.
For any further details, please write at
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com